Do you have what it takes to be South Coast Winery Resort & Spa’s Videographer? Enter today!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Contest is open to the public. Individuals or groups are limited to a total of 10 entries. The competition is sponsored by South Coast Winery Resort & Spa. Must be 21 years of age or older.
South Coast Winery video contest consist will be worth a total of over $1,000 of cash and prizes. It will consist of three (3)
1. Idea Phase
2. Pitch Phase
3. Video Phase
Be sure to read the following information carefully.
PHASE 1: IDEA – Tell us your Idea for a 30-second video in 140 characters or less. Remember, an Idea is not a detailed script; it is a spark of inspiration, or a distillation of what will happen in the Video. As always, Ideas should be clever, original and engaging. Three (3) winning Ideas will be selected. The creator of each winning Idea will receive $50 South Coast Winery Resort & Spa gift card.
PHASE 2: PITCH – Submit your Pitch. This means you will need to convince us why you should be selected to execute a Video based on one of the winning Ideas from the previous Phase using:
• Text (REQUIRED): 500 characters or less summarizing how you plan to approach and execute this Video.
• Links (REQUIRED): To your previous video work
• Images (Optional): Additional concept art, storyboards, scripts, casting notes, anything that helps get your point across.
• Video (Optional): This is your opportunity to show us what you're capable of. Consider submitting a Pitch video in which you tell us what we can expect should we choose your Pitch. Also, test videos, animatics, etc. are welcome.
The two most compelling Pitches will be selected and, upon submitting the Winner’s Affidavit and the IP Assignment, will each receive $100 cash prize. Additionally, upon submitting a Video that satisfies the criteria laid out in your winning Pitch, the Pitch winners will also be GUARANTEED a winning place in the subsequent Video Phase. All Pitches will remain private until after the winner of the Video Phase is announced and the Project is complete.
PHASE 3: VIDEO – The two winners from the Pitch Phase will each create a 30-second Video based upon their winning Pitch.
All other creators are invited to enter a Wildcard submission that can be a totally original concept that is not based on any winning material from the Idea Phase.
The Judges will score all Wildcard submissions and the highest scoring Wildcard Video along with the two Videos submitted by Pitch winners will be scored to determine the standings for the Video Phase. The highest scoring Video will receive a grand prize. That means there will be only one (1) total grand prize winner in the Video Phase.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY DEADLINE BELOW. Any entries received after this time will not be considered.
DEADLINES & Submission Requirements:
May 6, 2014 – Competition Opens
Ideas Phase -- Phase 1: Entries accepted May 11 through May 22, 2014. Email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org by deadline.
Pitch Phase – Phase 2: Entries received May 29 through June 7, 2014. Email entries to email@example.com by deadline.
Video Phase -- Phase 3: Entries must be received June 8 through July 7, 2014. Video entrieswill be emailed unique drop-box link for uploading original video content. Wild Card submissions should contact firstname.lastname@example.org in order to receive unique drop-box link.
Grand Prize Announced July 10, 2014.
VIDEO REQUIREMENTS AND FORMAT:
1. The Video MUST not exceed 30 seconds in length. Preferred format for upload to the South Coast Winery website is HD 720p 16x9. Should you win, you will also be required to provide a 1080p master file. Acceptable file formats are .mov, .avi, .mp4, .wmv. Acceptable codecs are H.264 (MP4), MPEG-4, H.263, MPGV, WMV, DivX.
2. Unless provided otherwise, all work must be your own original creation and free of any copyrighted material. You shall provide detailed information of your work regarding the source, the creator and background information as requested by South Coast Winery.
3. In the event you utilize any third party materials, such as music provided by a third-party music provider, you must obtain full written license and consent from the owner of such third party materials and provide such license and consent forms to South Coast Winery.
4. By submitting a video entry, your submission immediately becomes the sole property of South Coast Winery or its assignees-see official rules for more details . You may not publicly share or publish your submission in any manner and you may not post or upload your submission to any website or video hosting site (including, but not limited to, Facebook, Youtube, or Vimeo), without the prior express written consent of South Coast Winery. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in disqualification of your entry in the project.
5. Submissions cannot contain any profanity, offensive language, nudity or otherwise objectionable material, the determination of which is solely at the discretion of Sponsor.
6. Submissions must not portray South Coast Winery Resort & Spa in a negative way, the determination of which will solely reside with South Coast Winery Resort & Spa.
7. Videos must be in the English language.
South Coast Winery reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and delete any entry it deems to be offensive, inappropriate, derogatory and libelous, or not in keeping with the competition theme or that is otherwise not in compliance with the official contest rules.
8. Idea and Pitch entries should be emailed to: email@example.com .
Video entries, once selected, will be emailed unique drop-box link for uploading original video content. 9. Wild Card submissions should contact firstname.lastname@example.org in order to receive unique drop-box link. 10. South Coast Winery Resort & Spa does not accept responsibility for late or lost entries. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
Winner of the Video Phase will be judged based on 100-point scale.
Each video will be scored on a 100-point scale. The judging committee will use the following criteria:
10 points: Technical Excellence
30 points: Theme (i.e. Your South Coast Experience)
30 points: Creativity/Originality
30 points: Storytelling/Emotional Value
This Project will be worth a total of $1,000 of cash and prizes and consists of three Phases: an Idea Phase, a Pitch Phase and a Video Phase. Be sure to read the following information carefully:
May 11 — May 22 | PHASE 1: IDEA $150 South Coast Winery Gift Card
Idea Phase winners will win:
1st: $50 Gift Card
2nd: $50 Gift Card
3rd:$50 Gift Card
May 29 – June 7|PHASE 2: PITCH $200
Phase winners will win:
1st: $100 Cash
2nd: $100 Cash
June 8 — July 7| PHASE 3: VIDEO $1,000
Video winner will win Grand Prize which includes:
The Ultimate Wine Country Weekend Getaway featuring two-night luxurious overnight stay for two in your choice of villa or hotel tower suite, behind-the-scenes wine tour for two, romantic dinner for two at the Vineyard Rose Restaurant, and a couples massage at the GrapeSeed Spa. Transportation not included and will be winner’s sole responsibility.
Any attempt by a contestant to influence the result or subvert the competition may lead to immediate disqualification. South Coast Winery Resort & Spa reserves the right to not select a winner or winners if entries received are judged to be of insufficient quality. If a winning entrant is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, the video competition reserves the right to offer the prize to the contestant with the next best entry.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS and NOTIFICATIONS
This is a skill-based contest and chance plays no part in the determination of the winner(s). Potential winners will be notified by email and/or telephone. Open to US residents aged 21 or older. Void where prohibited.
BY ENTERTING A PROJECT, YOU AFFIRM YOUR ELIGIBILITY, REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE REVIEWED AND AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS DOCUMENT AND
- Submission does not contain content that is in violation of or infringes any intellectual property rights of third party (including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks, trade names, logos, and rights of publicity);
- Except as otherwise contemplated elsewhere in these Official Rules, submission has not been entered in any previous contest, or has not won any previous award;
- Submission has not been published or distributed previously in any media (including, without limitation, on the Internet);
- Submission does not contain any claim that is not and cannot be substantiated or that would be false and/or misleading to a reasonable consumer;
- If applicable, submission is compliant with the FTC Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising (16 CFR Part 255).
- Submission does not contain or anticipate the inclusion of any commercial content that promotes any product, service or other objective other than those of South Coast Winery Resort & Spa;
- Except as otherwise contemplated elsewhere in these Official Rules, submission does not contain content to which you do not own all right, title and interest (or have a legal right to use). Any elements appearing in a video, including, without limitation, stills, clip art, supers, music (lyrics and/or melody) or other materials must be your own original work created and performed by you, or be in the public domain; and
- Does not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations or network standards.
- If your Entry is an Entry in a Video Phase of a Project, you additionally represent and warrant to South Coast Winery Resort & Spa that You have received written consent from each and every other person who appears in or is heard in Your Entry (each, a "Video Participant") for such Video Participant's inclusion in such Entry, and You acknowledge that to be eligible to be selected as a winner of a Video Phase of a Project, You shall be required to provide proof of each Video Participant's consent.
As a condition of participating in the Video Phase of any Project (even if it is the sole phase of such Project), You agree, and represent and warrant that each Video Participant has agreed that in the event any of his or her likeness or voice, including, without limitation, performance and image in any form, as incorporated in Your Entry, in whole or in part, is used in any production such that the use is subject to the SAG Commercials Contract or any other applicable SAG contract, at the request of the Sponsor of such Project, to sign such standard contract and accept the minimum amount of compensation due him or her pursuant to the SAG Commercial Contract or such other applicable SAG contract.
ALL DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES ARE FINAL. South Coast Winery Resort & Spa will post the name(s) of each of finalists at the conclusion of the Contest for at least 45 days after the completion of the final Phase. Each Finalist must complete, sign and submit a Winner Affidavit of Eligibility and Release and a South Coast Winery Resort & Spa Intellectual Property Rights Assignment, provided by South Coast Winery Resort & Spa, to South Coast Winery Resort & Spa within five business days after the completion of the final Phase of each project as a condition of receiving any prize in connection with such winning entry. South Coast Winery Resort & Spa shall have no obligation to pay any prize to any Finalist in the event that such Finalist fails to timely submit the Verifications Forms to South Coast Winery Resort & Spa.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE
No liability or responsibility is assumed by South Coast Winery Resort & Spa, or any of its respective companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, advertising and promotions agencies, and their respective employees, agents and contractors ("Released Parties") resulting from Your or any other entrant's participation in or attempt to participate in the contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Released Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of a Submission.
None of the Released Parties are responsible for any death, personal injury or property damage or loss of any kind which may be sustained by You or any third party from participation in any Phase, use of the Website, or the downloading of any information from the Website. By participating in a Phase, You release and agree to hold harmless each of the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to Your participation in any Phase, including, without limitation, death, personal injury or property damage. By accepting a prize in a Phase, You agree that the Released Parties shall not be liable for any death, loss or injury resulting from participation in such Project, or the acceptance or use of any prize. None of the Released Parties shall be liable in the event that any portion of a Phase which is cancelled due to condition beyond their control, including, without limitation, a lack of significant participation, as determined by South Coast Winery Resort & Spa, in its sole and absolute discretion.
None of the Released Parties are liable for any dispute between collaborators arising under or related to a Project, including, without limitation, the distribution of any prize within a group of collaborators. In the event of a dispute between collaborators or regarding the identity of a entrant that cannot be resolved to South Coast Winery Resort & Spa's satisfaction, the affected entrant (and his or her entry) may be deemed to be ineligible to participate in a Project.
By entering a Phase, You agree that any and all other disputes, claims, actions and causes of action arising out of or connected with such Phase or the prizes awarded, and all issues and questions concerning the validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in a federal or state court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Riverside County, California. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred and, subject to applicable law, never shall include consequential, incidental or punitive damages, and in no event attorneys' fees or costs.
South Coast Winery Resort & Spa, 34843 Rancho California Road, Temecula, CA 92591.