South Coast Winery - Employment Opportunities in Temecula
At South Coast Winery Resort & Spa, you'll find great opportunities with competitive salaries and benefits. Currently, we have the following openings at our luxury resort in the Temecula Valley wine country:
PT Tour Guide
Organic Vegetable Maintenance Gardener
Job Description: Maintain health, beauty and productivity of Carter Estate winery Resort vegetable gardens
-Work outdoors, with your hands in soil!
-Communicate with Vineyard Rose Management regularly
-Gardener’s duties depend on the season, as his/ her tasks would change accordingly
-He/She has to make sure that the soil is working with is of the right quality and in good condition
-Able to select the right seeds for the variety of vegetable to be grown which are ideal for the conditions and resort food strategies
-20 hours/weekly with potential to GROW
-Must know which fertilizer and ingredients to use in order the keep the plants healthy and provide nourishment
Job Requirements: Experience growing organic vegetables (farm or garden). Preference to experience in Southern California, and growing professionally (rather than hobby gardener)
-Comfort with integrated pest management
-Confident in soil building methods
-Excellent and prompt communication skills via phone & email
-Physically comfortable lifting, carrying, digging, planting
Job Description:Makes and confirms reservations for future hotel guests following established procedures including but not limited to assuring room availability, obtaining all necessary guest information, assuring guest understands all hotel policies particularly with regard to reservation cancellation and check-in/out time.
-Attends to PBX calls while forwarding to appropriate extensions and/or if internal hotel guest, records issues and handles or communicates appropriately.
-Ability to effectively communicate with clear speech and professionalism with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
Night Audit Relief/Guest Service Agent- Part Time
Please send completed application or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
A room attendant is responsible for the cleanliness and overall appearance of guest rooms
Vacuuming and sweeping carpets and floors.
- Mopping floors as needed.
- Dusting, brushing, polishing and vacuuming furniture.
- Dusting and cleaning room decorations, appliances and structural surfaces (e.g. wall fixtures, window sills, vents).
- Changing linen and making beds.
- Cleaning showers, tubs, sinks and bathroom items.
- Removing used guest amenities and trash.
- Replenishing guest amenities and supplies.
- Inspecting rooms for safety hazards and for the operating condition of equipment and reporting same to maintenance.
- Checking for damaged linens.
- Reporting lost and found articles, maintenance problems, or special room problems (e.g. pets in the room) to a supervisor.
- Maintaining storage rooms and stocking carts.
- Emptying linen from housekeeping cart into laundry cart.
- Recording room status on work assignment sheets.
- Providing information to guests about hotel services, facilities and other amenities.
- Providing information to guests about local attractions/services.
- Preparing rooms for guest arrival and responding to special guest requests, such as delivering newspapers or cleaning a spill.
- Listening and responding to guests’ requests or complaints.
Weekends and Holidays are required.
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager
PAY RATE: DOE
Job Description: Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager or other appropriate administrative staff, the maintenance supervisor is responsible for coordinating and supervising maintenance technicians in the upkeep of buildings and equipment. Responsibilities include but are not limited to maintaining electrical, plumbing, mechanical, swimming pool, water heaters, and related systems. Perform the work of employees and other duties as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule and direct a crew of maintenance technicians involved in craft specialties.
- Provide training, work direction and guidance while performing work in one or more of the skilled trades.
- Assist Maintenance Manager in scheduling work and determining needs for equipment and supplies.
- Maintain preventative maintenance schedule program for equipment and buildings.
- Maintain inventory control program for all areas of the department.
- Perform other duties consistent with the position assigned as may be requested by the Maintenance Manager.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- High school/trade school diploma required.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification.
- Knowledge in maintenance supplies, equipment, materials, and methods used in maintenance trade.
- Ability to make major repairs to buildings and equipment.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to perform various clean-up and maintenance tasks as required.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance in using equipment to complete assigned tasks.
Please send a completed application or resume to email@example.com
-Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to
-Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
-Has knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide knowledge based service to assist customers in finding complete meal solutions
-Possess culinary knife skills which include safely using knives; sharpening and honing the edges of knives; and using them to chop, dice, julienne and mince
-cooking experience required with at least 2 years in a high volume kitchen.
-Food preparation experience
-Responsible for moving and lifting an average of 5 – 20 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds rarely.
-May be exposed to various allergens and work environments, including temperature changes
-Tasks will be performed using and in the proximity of coolers, ovens, stoves and other hot equipment; cooking and kitchen utensils and equipment
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Retail Operations and Wine Tasting
Description: The Director of Retail Operations and Wine Tasting will work with all management staff and the marketing and operational departments to develop and produce the most outstanding and seamless entertainment and resort experience in the world. S/he will be responsible for the overall operating performance, guest satisfaction, and financial results for the Gift Shop and Tasting Rooms. This includes planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the operations of all activities associated with these areas in accordance with South Coast Winery Resort & Spa Service Standards and corporate budgetary and profit guidelines.
- Work with Executive Committee members to develop annual goals and operational objectives.
- As an Executive Committee member you will work with all resort department managers to help support, establish goals and objectives that coordinate with the overall resort wide goals and objectives
- Coordinate the operations and activities of the Gift Shop and Tasting Rooms activities to ensure synergy not only within these two departments but within the resort to reach financial performance and guest satisfaction objectives
- Evaluate changes in guest needs, and industry and competitive trends to recommend appropriate product/service and operational changes to be made to ensure guest and employee satisfaction, and to maintain market dominance and exceptional financial returns.
- Develop annual operating budgets with the involvement of the General Manager, Controller, and Sales and Marketing Director.
- Monitor and maintain financial performance of stated departments within approved budgetary guidelines.
- Responsible for the profit performance of stated departments.
- Because you are an executive committee member, you are responsible for overall resort guest satisfaction, and assisting the General Manager in setting goals to achieve specific objectives.
- Because you are an executive committee member, you are responsible for assisting the General Manager with the overall resolution of internal and external guest problems or complaints.
- Develop annual capital expenditure plans for stated departments.
- Work closely with all department managers as well as the General Manager and the Controller to achieve all support services and related goals.
- Demonstrate and promote teamwork among all management and staff
- Promote and ensure a clean and safe work environment.
- Assist in the coordination of all resort emergency evacuation activities.
- Ensure adherence to New Hire Training Program and ongoing Carter Hospitality Star Service Training in accordance with resort standards.
- Interview, train, praise, coach, counsel, and discipline according to South Coast Winery Resort & Spa standards.
- Notify the General Manager promptly and fully of all appropriate problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Promotes and applies teamwork skills at all times.
- Attend all appropriate meetings – stated Department staff meetings, Department Head Marketing Meeting and the Executive Committee meeting.
- Execute emergency procedures in accordance with resort standards.
- Comply with all safety regulations and procedures.
- Comply with all resort policies, standards, and rules.
- Remain current on all resort information and changes.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years of direct sales experience in wine industry.
- Tasting Room and Gift Shop experience. Proven track record of leadership, management and sales growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business
- Budgeting & Financial Acumen required
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player with a positive attitude and professional demeanor and appearance.
- Excellent customer service in addition to written and oral communication skills
- Sales driven, result driven, be able to take sales pressure.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office and Wine Ware Software.
- Wine Club Management experience is a great plus.
- Accounting background is a great plus.
Submit resume to email@example.com
Provides prompt, courteous and efficient handling of all guests who are interested in purchasing wine and merchandise at South Coast Winery.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job, but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
-Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
-Performs all necessary tasks assigned in SCW Secret Shopper report to ensure a score of 80% or above.
-Follow all South Coast Winery Resort and Spa employee handbook policies.
-Able to greet all guests and make them feel welcome while also maintaining a professional environment.
-Able to cashier, and effectively be able to ring up merchandise and wines for guests.
-Being educated about the wines and the Wine Club well enough to be able to sell them both efficiently.
-Possessing the ability to keep register area clear of all debris, as well as stocking of wines and materials needed for daily operations.
-Prior experience in hospitality industry or equivalent preferred.
-Prior experience with handling money and POS systems.
-Great timeliness and attendance.
-Commitment to excellence and high standards.
-Excellent oral communication skills.
-Versatility, flexibility and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
-Acute attention to detail.
-Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
-Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
-Works well with minimal supervision.
-Excellent customer service skills.
-Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
-Available to work on weekend and holidays.
-Bilingual a plus
-Stand for long periods of time.
-Handling of money.
-Use of POS system.
Send your Resume/Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
On Call Massage Therapist
-Must be available Saturday and Sunday.
-Provide consistent professional massage and body treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices
For Spa Jobs please email:
Interested? You can apply with your resume, a completed application download the pdf.
All applicants must pass a drug test and background check.
South Coast Winery Resort & Spa is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Director of Spa Operations at GrapeSeed Spa
Responsible for managing and supervising all areas of the spa, including its programs, services, hours of operation, facilities and staff. Coordinates the delivery of spa services, including salon, skin care, fitness and wellness, massage, program coordinating, reservations, reception desk and locker room areas. As a department head, directs and works with the management team and hourly employees to successfully execute all spa operations. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the spa, guest services, front desk, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the spa, guest services, front desk, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Spa Operations and Budgets
- Selects vendors for spa retail operations and managing contract agreements.
- Oversees retail product research, product selection and purchasing, product display.
- Manages supply inventories and purchasing control, including uniforms.
- Monitors the spa's actual and projected sales to ensure revenue goals are met or exceeded.
- Maintains cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
Managing Spa Sales and Marketing Strategy
- Creates and coordinates special services for groups including group gifting programs, group amenities, group turndown gifts, letters and invitations, creating special spa services for specific groups and spa contract addendum negotiation.
- Develops and Manages spa promotions including gifting programs, gift with purchase, co-op marketing efforts and holiday events.
- Ensures spa services are included in all property-related marketing and advertising.
- Identifies and recommending new products and product enhancements to remain competitive in the market.
Managing Spa Revenue Management Strategy
- Monitors and Manages the payroll function.
- Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
- Manages Spa controllable expenses such guest amenities, linen expense, professional salon products, plants, decorations and paper supplies to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring and Delivering Exceptional Customer Service
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying excellent customer service, and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Reviews findings with employees to develop appropriate corrective action, sharing plans with property leadership and ensuring corrective action is taken to continuously improve results.
- Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Develops, implements and maintains a Spa orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report managers.
- Develops business goals and creates appropriate development plans.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensuring employees do the same within the team.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviewing employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicates expectations, recognizing performance, and producing desired business results.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members
Please send completed application or resume to email@example.com.
SALES & CATERING
Sales & Catering Manger Position
- Sales of rooms, meeting rooms and food & beverage from initial call through contract.
- Qualifying accounts, telemarketing, direct sales calls, corporate events, public relations activities, on-site tours, contract negotiations, etc.
-Responsible for both the SMERF and Corporate market segment.
- Potential to work 6 days per week.
- Also will be responsible to work a Manager on Duty monthly rotation.
- Must be available to work your schedule to meet customer needs and support team as needed as well as cover office hours, sales calls and other expectations.
- A minimum of 3 years of direct sales experience in a similar business.
- Direct hotel sales experience given preference.
- Expect to position to drive $1.5 to 2 million in sales.
- Proven sales results. (This is not an entry level position)
-College degree. (Will accept 4 years of additional direct hotel sales experience in lieu of degree)
- Ability to communicate professionally both in written skills, verbal communication and public speaking.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Must be detail oriented and be able to multi task.
- Microsoft Office, SMS, Delphi and Meeting Matrix preferred.
- Must meet our professional attire requirements.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work weekends as needed.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation.
Please attach resume and references.
Please send completed application or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.